1. Balance. Encourage older adults to participate in balancing exercises.
2. Medication side effects. Review medications with a physician to be aware of the side effects.
3. Mobility. Mobility issues could be caused by different illnesses. Ensure good lighting in the house and remove tripping hazards.
4. Hygiene. Untrimmed toenails could snag or rugs or carpets and makes it uncomfortable for the elderly to wear shoes.
5. Environmental factors. Loose rugs and carpet and cramped spaces could add to seniors to walk around the house. Create ample walking space between furniture.